Dating apps will always be popular among users and can provide good profits. Tinder is a good example in this respect – its popularity has not declined for many years running.
It may seem that the dating market is overcrowded, and there is no place for newbies here. That is actually not the case, as much depends on what market you are looking to – the general one or some specific segment of the target audience. Currently, we can call niche projects the most promising ones. Users long for new emotions, and they want to use apps that are interesting specifically to them.
- 60% of people aged 18 to 30 used a dating website or app at least once;
- almost 80% of users for this type of apps are millennials;
- the dating app market is estimated at about $3 billion;
- the global dating market is growing at 7 to 9% annually;
- about half of all Internet users are not married, meaning they belong to a potential target audience.
In this article, we will consider some important peculiarities of mobile dating app development. We hope it will come in handy for you in case you decide to create a similar product.
What Features a Dating App Should Include
The list of available features can be very large, but it is always important to start with the most necessary ones. This approach (creating an MVP) will allow you to start faster and get feedback from real users. Based on this principle, we can highlight the following functions, which we can call basic for a product in such a niche.
- The registration/authorization mechanism. This feature can be implemented either through common email or using Facebook, as well as any other social network. Do not forget to take care of security measures, as it is one of the most serious problems nowadays. Your users should know that their personal data is fully protected.
- User profile. It should contain a user photo and personal data. Users can provide it by themselves when they fill out their profile, or the necessary data can be collected based on social media (Facebook authorization). It goes without saying that users have to be able to edit their profile or to delete it.
- Messaging. You can implement this function in various ways. Chats should be available for any user or just for certain individual users. You can also set the expiration period or provide users with the possibility to communicate without any restrictions.
- Search for other users. Elaborate a convenient search routine to allow users to look for other people. Users should be able to customize various search criteria (including age, gender escort Rockford, and interests), based on which, they can find the most suitable partner.
How to Monetize a Dating App
The possibilities to monetize an app in this area are divided into four main categories: paid subscription, freemium, advertising, and premium accounts.
Some Tips to Help You Create a Successful Product in This Niche
Functionality is important, but that is not the only thing that makes the product successful. Here are a few more tips that will increase your chances of success if you adhere to them.
Mobile dating app development is a promising market tending to be always relevant. However, although the competition is high here, players who use unconventional approaches or have managed to find a peculiar segment of the target audience will always have a room here.
The Lvivity team has had plenty of experience developing successful mobile products, and if you desire to make such a project a reality, you can always use our services.
یک دیدگاه بنویسید